Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A NEW HOBBY

About 2-3 months ago I started playing racquetball at the gym. There are a bunch of guys from church that play every morning at 7 am. While at the gym i would watch them play as I ran on the treadmill. I had never played before but it looked like a lot of fun. Finally one day one of them asked me to play with them cause they were short a player. I said sure but told him that i had never played before and probably wasn't very good. I was totally right... i stunk! it was difficult to get use to the way the game was played and very hard to determine where the ball was going to be after bouncing off three walls. All the guys were patient with me and allowed me to come play with them again. They all let me use their extra equipment, racquet, glasses and glove.
     Brooke works for one of the guys that i play with and they lease a room for their company in an office and they guy who owns that office plays with us as well and the other week they told Brooke, " we don't know if Ryan can play with us anymore. He is getting too good." hahaha
   I love playing every morning. Its a great work out. I have definitely improved the last couple of months and got it down. I am much faster than the other guys so it plays to my advantage being about 15-20 years younger.  If you haven't played racquetball i for sure recommend trying it....

No comments: