Tuesday, October 25, 2011

COACHING OPPORTUNITY


Anyone that really knows me, knows that I love baseball. It truly has been a long time passion of mine ever since I can remember. I love the game of baseball. I love the everyday practice of fundamentals and drills. I love the mental part of the game at the plate and especially on the mound.  I love the feeling when you make solid contact with bat and ball. I love making a diving play and getting dirty. I love the sound of metal cleats on red brick dust infield. I love the camaraderie of a baseball team. There are so many things I love about the game of baseball and I could go on and on.
One of the regrets I have in my life to this point is not pursuing baseball and playing at the next level.  I gave it a shot a few times in college, but didn't stick with it.  No one to blame but myself.  I do however still want to be involved with baseball and have a great desire to coach.  I don't have much experience of being an official coach but I have an opportunity to help coach at a local High School in Murrieta.  Murrieta Mesa has need of assistant baseball coaches. Luckily for me, one of my old baseball coaches at Murrieta Valley is involved with the baseball program at Murrieta Mesa and has helped me get my foot in the door. I have met with the Athletic Director and currently in the process of applying through the school district and making it official. There is still some paperwork, certifications that need to be processed and interviews that still need to happen.  I am pretty stoked about the opportunity and hope that I can help these young players become better at the sport we both enjoy.

1 comment:

Burnside Family said...

awesome ryan!! hope you get the coaching job! ps. we need to get together soon! set something up with me or isaac!