Friday, December 9, 2011

PUJOLS an ANGEL!

As my wife would say..." O.M.G.!!!!!!" Over the past several days I have been getting ESPN notifications, updating me on the recent signings and trades in the MLB. Lots of talk and rumors of where big name free agents would end up signing filled radio stations, news reports etc.... but it was all speculation. The biggest free agent and the best player in the game right now is hands down Albert Pujols and like me, I am sure a lot of people were following along with the media to find out where he would end up playing next season. There had been a few teams that were reported to offer Pujols a deal, but the Angels were not in the conversation. I heard a lot of talk about, "What if????" or that would be cool if Albert actually came and played for the Angels but no one really thought that it would happen. Well, it did. I woke up Thursday morning and got on my phone, looked at Twitter and it was blowing up twitter. The Angels had swoopped in and offered Pujols a deal he couldn't refuse. 10 year contact at 254 million dollars. Ya, CRAZY!!! No doubt that the signing of the Pujols to the Angels makes them a front runner next season and a favorite in the American League. The Angels lacked the run support for their incredible starting pitching and now with Pujols in the line up it just makes everyone better. Angels fans from all over are so excited and can't wait for the new season to start. A lot to look forward to if you're an Angel fan for the next decade.

No comments: