Monday, December 5, 2011

PRACTICE BEGINS

I finally received the final word from the district office last week. I am officially hired as a baseball coach at Murrieta Mesa High School. I will be coaching at the freshman level and really excited. I met most of the boys last week as well as the other coaches. Between now and Christmas break I will be out on the field with the boys, throwing the ball around and hitting in the cages. I haven't thrown a baseball in probably over a year but it felt good throwing the other day. It's a little different than throwing a softball, mainly just size and weight. I immediately started a throwing routine for the team and explained what I wanted them to do and focus on when warming and throwing. We probably won't do any live hitting or drills on the field until we get back from Christmas break. I am really excited about this opportunity to coach. I have wanted to do it for awhile now, and I hope that it leads to more coaching opportunities in the future with baseball as well as football.

2 comments:

Danniiknoxx said...

Congratulations. I'm sure you'll be a great coach. :)

Spencer Perkins said...

Ryan. That is sweet. Congrats my friend. :) You will do great.