Tuesday, January 10, 2012

ABCA CONVENTION

 Last weekend I was able to attend the annual American Baseball Coaches Association Convention in Anaheim. It was AWESOME! Coaches, players and companies across the nation associated with baseball at every level participated and attended. I was able to attend 2 out of the 3 days, Friday and Saturday. From 8 am to 6 pm there were clinic sessions that you could attend. Clinics and presentations from top Division 1 coaches, professional hitting instructors, sports psychologists, athletic trainers, former coaches that are now motivational speakers. Anything you can think of dealing with baseball and athletics, it was covered. It was a great experience for me and I hope to be able to attend more in the future. I was able to take away a lot of information to be implemented into my coaching style; different drills, players relationships, leadership roles, offensive and defensive philosophies and the list can go on. I thought I was excited to start this baseball season a few weeks ago, but after attending this convention I am even more pumped to start my first year of coaching. It increased my desire to be a head coach at the college level to be honest. There are so many opportunities in the world of sports and athletics and that is what I love to do. I am happy I am taking the first step and have been given the opportunity to coach this year. I hope I can be an positive influence and be able to help young baseball players to become better people and leaders along with improving their skills as a basbeball player.


No comments: