Friday, March 16, 2012

Been too long....

   Man, it has been over two months since my last post. That is way too long! A lot has happened in the last few months. It seems that I blog in waves. I'm good at posting for a month or so and then I slack off and just get busy and put my blog ideas on the bottom of my "To-Do" list.
   My schedule definitely has become much busier since I started coaching baseball at Murrieta Mesa. I haven't gone back to look at any of my past posts, but I am pretty sure that any post I made earlier in the year regarding baseball I was working with the freshman team, but since then I was asked to be the head Junior Varsity coach. I am absolutely enjoying my time that I get to spend on the baseball field with my team. We practice everyday from from about 2-5, depending on the day, and then usually a few hours on Saturdays. Not only the time during practice on the field is keeping me busy, but also the extra time after practice to maintain the field by watering and dragging it to  keep it nice,  making  daily practice plans, creating a line-up the night before a game and then working at fundraisers. It is a lot of work but I love it. I love getting out there with the boys and doing the drills with them. They are working hard. We started with a 3-3 record going into league games this week. We are still trying to get guys in the right position but the team is solid. We are constantly working on getting better everyday, giving 100% all the time and that is all you can ask of them. I am excited for the rest of the season and hope that we can win the majority of our games. It is my first year coaching, frustrating at times but constantly reminding myself to stay positive.  I make mistakes but  I am still learning and growing as a coach. I will try and keep you updated on the season here on my blog.
   Both, Brooke and I have made changes with work recently. Brooke was offered more hours at the preschool, but was limited with the extra hours she could pick up while working part time with my dad. Work for me, with the foreclosed homes was slowing down, so I decided that I would work for my dad again at the office and that would allow Brooke to work at the preschool full time, and me to work as much as possible. Brooke loves the preschool and really enjoys working with the kids. Since taking on more hours, the preschool offered Brooke a lead teacher position, including more responsibilities and a pay increase. Brooke is really excited about this and the opportunity to have her own classroom. I have started working for my dad a few weeks ago, and I really enjoy being in the office and being able to see and talk with my dad everyday. Working at the office makes it easier for me to get to practice on time and be able to leave when I need to for games. Brooke and I stay real busy during the week and enjoy our weekends together. Brooke still finds time to make hair appointments to make a little extra cash, and I still find time to play some softball. I am not playing on a city team currently but still on a tournament team and trying to play once a month with a team. I am looking forward to the summer and hopefully put together a city league team.
   I am sure most of you know from Facebook, but I was accepted to Cal State San Marcos in the fall for the Kinesiology program at the Temecula campus. I am really excited to finish my Bachelors degree. It should only take a year and a half going full time. I have been going to school for a long time and it will be awesome to finally finish and hopefully start a career. I really want to pursue athletic training and coaching, and get involved with athletics at the college level and even with a professional organization. I did finally finish my Associates degree in Physical Education at San Jacinto.
   This is just a few of the many things going on with Brooke and I recently. I am sure there will be mosre posts and updates coming soon.

No comments: